How to install CWM-based Recovery for Rockchip
from stock recovery
- rename CWM.zip to update.zip
- put update.zip into root directory on internal FAT partition or external SD card
- boot stock Android
- click "Install" on popup message
old recovery partition image will be dumped as dumped_recovery.img on internal FAT partition or external SD card.
you may get "invalid" message, then please try another method.
from root shell
- extract flash_image and recovery.img from CWM.zip
- put flash_image and recovery.img into device, e.g.
adb push flash_image /dev/
adb push recovery.img /dev/
- enter root shell
- flash recovery.img into recovery partition with flash_image, e.g.
chmod 755 /dev/flash_image
/dev/flash_image recovery /dev/recovery.img
- you may need to disable install-recovery.sh which restores stock recovery on every boot
chmod 644 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
from CWM-based Recovery
- put CWM.zip into internal FAT partition or external SD card
- boot CWM
- select "install zip from sdcard"
from adb sideload
- boot CWM
- select "install zip from sideload"
- adb sideload CWM.zip
from rkflash, rkflashtool, or RKAndroidTool.exe
- extract recovery.img from CWM.zip
- flash recovery.img into recovery partition